Petit Juror Information
- You are REQUIRED to call 1-800-432-0657 or check this website after 6:00 PM the EVENING BEFORE you are to report. A recording will indicate whether there are any changes or cancellations.
- BE SURE TO CALL BEFORE REPORTING. NEVER JEOPARDIZE YOUR SAFETY. IF YOU CANNOT REPORT DUE TO THE WEATHER IN YOUR AREA, CONTACT THE CLERK'S OFFICE.
Requests to be excused MUST be submitted IMMEDIATELY by fax at 1-859-233-2470 or emailed to
firstname.lastname@example.orgExcuses CANNOT be taken by telephone. The Court will respond to you in writing but it is your responsibility to confirm you have been excused. In case of an extreme emergency (not work related) you can call the U.S. District Court Clerk's Office at 859-233-2503.
- We validate parking ONLY at the Parking Garage on Barr Street, or at the Transit Garage on West Vine Street. Present your yellow parking token to the clerk to receive a validated card.
- A photo I.D is required to enter the Federal Courthouse.
- Cell phones, laptop computers, and newspapers are not permitted.
- The courtroom temperature can vary. You are advised to dress in layers or bring a jacket.
- A jury will be selected, so you should be prepared to stay for the afternoon.
- The Court wants unbiased jurors. You are not to read or do research about the case or parties.