Petit Juror Information
- PETIT JURORS ONLY: You are REQUIRED to call 1-844-625-5003 or check this website after 6:00 PM the EVENING BEFORE you are to report. YOU MUST HAVE YOUR PARTICIPANT NUMBER WHEN YOU CALL. A recording will indicate whether there are any changes or cancellations.
- BE SURE TO CALL BEFORE REPORTING. NEVER JEOPARDIZE YOUR SAFETY. IF YOU CANNOT REPORT DUE TO THE WEATHER IN YOUR AREA, CONTACT THE CLERK'S OFFICE.
IMPORTANT: If you are unable to serve the duration of the trial, you must contact the Clerk's Office IMMEDIATELY by fax at 1-859-233-2470 or email at
email@example.comExcuses CANNOT be taken by telephone. The Court will respond to you in writing, but it is your responsibility to confirm you have been excused. In case of an extreme emergency (not work related) you can call 1-800-432-0657 and leave a message. PLEASE BE REMINDED THAT YOU ARE TO SUBMIT DATES YOU WILL BE UNAVAILABLE FOR SERVICE AS SOON AS YOU BECOME AWARE OF THEM. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A NOTICE TO REPORT.
- We validate parking ONLY for the Parking Garage on Barr Street, located behind the Fayette District Court building, or for the Transit Garage at 150 West Vine Street. Upon entering the garage, you will receive a yellow parking token. When you check in with the jury clerk, you will be given a validated parking voucher. You will need both of these to exit the garage without paying.
- A photo I.D is required to enter the Federal Courthouse.
- Cell phones, electronic devices, and newspapers are not permitted.
- The courtroom temperature can vary. You are advised to dress in layers or bring a jacket.
- You should be prepared to stay into the afternoon.
- The Court wants unbiased jurors. You are not to read or do research about the case or parties.