- Administrative Order re: Death Penalty Cases filed January 8, 2013
- General Order 13-2 supersedes General Order 12-5 regarding the policies and procedures designated to facilitate the prompt and efficient processing of habeas corpus petitions and civil
actions filed by persons upon whom a sentence of death has been imposed which challenge their conviction, sentence, or the manner or method of execution.
- Case Assignment and Recusal Order
- General Order 13-1 sets forth the assignment of cases district-wide effective January 8, 2013 and supersedes General Order 12-8.
- Order Authorizing KYED Bankruptcy Judges to Promulgate Local Bankruptcy Rules
- General Order 12-16 authorizes Bankruptcy Judges of this Judicial District to promulgate local bankruptcy rules.
- Adjoining District Jurisdiction
- Joint General Order 12-1 authorizes magistrate judges at Covington, Kentucky to serve in the adjoining Southern District of Ohio and the
magistrates judges at Cincinnati, Ohio to serve in the adjoining Eastern District of Kentucky.
- Misdemeanor Collateral Forfeiture Filed May 30, 2012
- RE: Local Rule of Court for the Forfeiture of Collateral Without Appearance for those Misdemeanors Designated.
- Trancript Fees of Court Reporters - Joint General Order 11-03
- Effective January 1, 2012, Certified Realtime Reporters may continue to charge a per page fee for a Realtime unedited transcript transmitted via Realtime feed in
the courtroom in accordance with the attached schedule of transcript fee rates, but may not require a litigant to order a certified transcript of the same proceeding
- Amended Admin. Policy and Procedures Order 11-02 Filed on July 12, 2011
- Electronic Case Filing Administrative Policies and Procedures as Amended July, 2011.
- Amended Order Regarding Deposit & Investment of Registry Funds filed
May 11, 2011
- General Order 11-4 sets forth local procedures for uniformity in the deposit and investment of funds in the Court Registry.
A separate court order signed by the presiding judge in the case is required to deposit funds in the Court Registry.
- Possession of Communication Devices in Courthouses
- General Order 10-17 restricts the possession of communication devices by the public in U.S. Courthouses.
- Magistrate Judge Case Assignment and Recusal Order filed July 27, 2010
- General Order 10-14 sets forth the case assignment regarding the Magistrate Judges of this Court effective July 27, 2010 and supersedes General Order 10-09.
- Covington Docket - Civil and Criminal Assignments to Magistrate Judge effective March 1, 2010
- Magistrate case assignments for matters on the Covington docket.
- General Order 10-3
- General Order 10-3 directs the Clerk to require counsel to accompany
the filing of a sealed document or a document filed in a sealed case with
the CD-ROM containing the sealed document in PDF format.
- Time Limitation for Filing Motions for Attorney's Fees and Related Nontaxable Expenses pursuant to FRCP 54(d)(2)(B) & LR 54.4
- Joint General Order 09-05 is entered to comply with the time
computation revisions of the federal and local rules.
- If a motion for attorney's fees or nontaxable expenses is not filed within thirty (30) days after entry, such fees and
costs shall be deemed waived, unless a statutes provides otherwise.
- Social Security Standing Scheduling Order for cases filed November 6, 2009
- General Order 09-13 establishes a briefing schedule for all social security cases,
along with a new section requiring specificity and organization in briefs filed in
social security cases. General Order 09-13 supersedes both General Order 07-05 and General Order 09-10.
- Service of Petit Jurors and Grand Jurors
- Effective January 1, 2009, Petit Jurors complete their service requirement upon service of twenty (20) days or six (6) months, whichever occurs first. Beginning with the 2009 Grand Jury term, Grand Jurors are impaneled for a one (1) year term.
- Juror Information Forms
- The Jury Clerk shall make petit juror information forms available to counsel for parties seven days prior to trial subject to the Local Rules. After voir dire, counsel shall immediately return the petit juror information to the Jury Clerk, who shall keep them confidential.
- General Order 8-1 Filed May 2, 2008
- Official Court Transcripts: Redaction Responsibility of Counsel and Parties.
- Plea Agreement Supplement in Criminal Cases filed April 22, 2008
- General Order 08-09 restructures the Court's practice with regard to plea agreements to establish a procedure where all plea agreements will be accompanied by a sealed document entitled "plea supplement." The sealed plea supplement will contain either a cooperation agreement or a statement that no such agreement exists. This practice makes each case appear identical in WebPACER.
- Appointment of CJA Committee filed January 2, 2008
- Members of the CJA Committee appointed by unanimous consensus of the Judges of the Court.
- Criminal Justice Act Plan filed on November 13, 2007
- The CJA Plan addresses eligible persons in qualifying circumstances, including the provision of counsel and
investigative, expert, and other services necessary for adequate representation, all as defined in and subject to the Criminal
Justice Act of 1964, as amended, and the Guidelines for the Administration of the Criminal Justice Act and Related Statutes,
Volume VII, GUIDE TO JUDICIARY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- General Order 6-11 Filed July 17, 2006
- IN RE: Enforcement of Mandatory Electronic Case Filing and Notices.