CM/ECF is a new case management system being implemented in the Federal Judiciary for all bankruptcy, district and appellate courts. CM/ECF allows courts to accept filings and provide access to filed documents over the Internet.
- The Federal Rules, as amended December 1, 2007, support compliance with the E-Government Act. See Fed. R. Civ. P. 5.2; Fed. R. Crim. P. 49.1. Parties and their attorneys are responsible under the rules for preventing disclosure of certain confidential information in case filings. Click here for more information on the rules.
CM/ECF Support Information
PACER Service Center (PSC)
- Electronic Case Filing Administrative Policies and Procedures (Effective September 2021)
- How to Request e-Filing Access
- Register for a Multi-District Jurisdiction (MDL) PACER account
- Register for a Pro Hac Vice (PHV) PACER account
- Filing Sealed Documents Electronically
- If you have lost or forgotten your CM/ECF password, click here.
- For a lost password on a PACER account, please contact the PACER Service Center.
- How to Electronically File a Complaint
- Updated August 2020
- General Information on CM/ECF and PACER
- Electronic Public Access Fee Schedules (Effective December 1, 2013)
- CM/ECF Bounce-back E-mails
Training & Registration